10 Reasons to hire a wedding planner
All the best to those of you who have just started down the wonderful road of wedding preparation and sharing a new life together. As a wedding planner, I have no better advice to give you than to hire a wedding planner to help you get through this busy path of organizing your wedding planning and coordinating your special day. Here are 10 reasons why you should hire a wedding planner:
- Keeping you on a wedding planning timeline so that you book all vendors in a timely manner.
- Wedding planners have list of preferred vendors whom they trust and recommend…this saves you time and energy for looking and vetting vendors. Some even offer discounts.
- Most couples have really strict budgets and, with the help of wedding planner, you will remain on budget if not,under budget.
- Most couples work full time and don’t have time to plan a wedding and want to enjoy your engagement. A planner will do a lot of the leg work for you.
- I had one bride tell me that having me help her with her planning took away all her stress because she always had someone to fall back on for advice and guidance.
- Wedding planners can help you create your vision
- We help you understand all the etiquette, traditions and dos and don’ts of your wedding.
- The week before you wedding, you can enjoy your time with your family and friends instead of running around taking care of the last minute details.
- On the day of your wedding, you don’t have to worry about anything…sit back, relax and be a guest at your own wedding. Your wedding planner takes care of everything.
- Most importantly, you will have had a memorable day without any worries and you can leave on your honeymoon without a second thought, while your wedding planner ties up all the loose ends.
So, now that you have an idea of what a wedding planner can do for you, how do you know how to find which one is the right one for you and your fiancee? Talking to friends who had planners run their wedding day is a start, looking on line at the different websites and seeing which ones appeal to you and, reading testimonials written by former clients, is also a great way to narrow down your choices. Then, I suggest that you interview at least three of them and see who you connect with and who you feel most comfortable with. Of course, having the planner’s fee fit into your budget also is important, but remember, that hiring a professional will save you a lot more money than hiring an amateur.
So remember, you want to enjoy one of the most important days of your life, so hire a wedding planner who can make your wedding day dream come true. I look forward to hearing from you.
by Alexandra Slawek, Calgary Wedding Planner